- List 3 things you like and 3 things you dislike about your home country.
- List 3 things that are unacceptable in your country, but are acceptable in Canada.
- T guides the conversation about #1 and #2.
- Give a copy of the chart below to each student.
- Rate the behaviours as:
- 1 – completely acceptable
- 2 – sometimes acceptable
- 3 – usually unacceptable
- 4 – completely unacceptable
|Eating with your fingers|
|PDA (public display of affection)|
|Wearing shorts in public|
|Giving a kiss on the cheek when you meet someone new|
|Having dinner at 10pm|
|Accepting a gift when you have nothing to give in return|
|Wearing shoes inside the house|
|Joking around with your boss|
|Remaining seated on a crowded subway/bus while an elderly person stands|
|Not leaving a tip at a restaurant|
|Drinking wine with dinner every day|
|Shaking hands when you meet someone new|
|Staying out at the club/bar until early morning|
Tip: Have your students add 3 common behaviours from their country to the chart and ask their classmates how they feel about that particular behaviour!