- SPEAK – it means to use your voice to produce words & it is used when one person addresses a group
The teacher spoke to the class about their next test.
Expressions with speak:
- speak well of –say good things about someone
- speak ill of – say bad things about someone
- speak highly of – praise someone
- speak in favor of – support someone or something
- speak against – oppose someone or something
- speak your mind – tell everyone exactly what you think, good or bad
- TALK – it means to say something to someone, especially in a conversation & it suggests that two or more people are having a conversation
Can I talk to you?
Elena and Veronica talked for hours about their vacation plans.
Expressions with talk:
- talk nonsense – you can say this to someone when what they are saying is silly or wrong
- talk sense – to give sensible opinions about things