dough – money
big spender – a person who likes to spend a lot of money
cheapskate – a person who doesn’t like to spend money
gold digger – a person who is interested in other people for money
money bags – a rich person
blow – to spend
wad of cash – a lot of money
broke – to have no money
peanuts – little money
a grand – a thousand dollars
leech – a person who always asks others for money
- Do you have a lot of dough?
- Have you seen her new car? She’s a big spender!
- I don’t think he’s going to pay me back. He’s a cheapskate!
- Have you met Jake’s new girlfriend? I’m pretty sure she’s a gold digger! She’s dating him for his money!
- Hey, money bags! I heard you bought a fancy new car!
- Elena likes to blow a lot of money on clothes and purses.
- Did you see the wad of cash in his wallet?
- Don’t bother asking Eric to go to the concert. He’s always broke!
- Allie got a new job, but the pay is peanuts!
- It’s going to cost about a grand to buy new books for school.
- Jason is such a leech… he’s always asking me if he can borrow money!