- Cooked to perfection – food that is cooked to a very high standard
This steak looks delicious. It was cooked to perfection.
- Cook up a storm – to cook an amazing meal(s) and usually a large quantity of it
My grandmother was a great cook. She used to cook up a storm every time we visited her.
- Eat like a horse – to eat a very large quantity
I have to cook every day. My son eats like a horse.
- Smart cookie – intelligent
My daughter is the best student in her class. She is a smart cookie.
- A piece of cake – very easy
This test is a piece of cake. I’ll finish in 5 minutes.
- Bring home the bacon – earn money to feed the family
David pays all the bills. I’m sure he is the one who brings home the bacon.