Use should to make recommendations or give advice. It can also be used to express expectation.
- You should go to school every day.
- I should do the laundry today.
Use must to express a strong obligation
- I must pay the bills tonight.
- You must fix the car.
Activity: Advice about visiting your country
Give some advice about cultural do’s and don’ts for foreign people visiting your birth country.
- You should….
- You shouldn’t…
- You must…
- You mustn’t…
- Body language
- Table manners
- Directness and indirectness
- Family and other relationships
- Hospitality and visits
- Transport and travel
- Eye contact
- Special holidays and celebrations